The course’s objective is to develop and prepare graduates with sound knowledge in the fundamentals of Ayurvedic Science and its different subjects through an effective way of professional guidance, both theoretically and practically. The candidates should become an Ayurvedic Physician (Kayachikitsaka)/ Surgeon (Shalyachikitsaka) or to become an effective Teacher or can be a research scholar in the World of Ayurveda.
Kerala Candidates: Candidates must have passed HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate) examination and it should have physics, chemistry, botany & zoology (biology) as major subjects with 50% of marks.
Age Limit for Admission: The candidates should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the concerned year.
For TN candidates:Candidates should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Academic) conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board / any other equivalent Board in one and the same attempt in the following group of subjects with the minimum eligible marks. A failure in examination, reappearance/first appearance, a pass in compartment in one or more subjects will treated as an attempt. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. (or) Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject.
• A Minimum of 50% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together. • A minimum of 50% marks aggregate in Physics and Chemistry
(ii) Backward Communities / BC (MUSLIM)
• Minimum of 45% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together. • A minimum of 45% marks aggregate in Physics and Chemistry.
(iii)Most Backward Classes And Denotified Communities
• Minimum of 40% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together. • Minimum of 40% marks aggregate in Physics and Chemistry.
(iv)Scheduled Caste, Schedule Caste Arunthathiyar, Schedule Tribe
• Minimum of 35% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together. • Minimum of 35% marks aggregate in Physics and Chemistry.
(v)The candidates under Physically Challenged Category-(Locomotory disability of Lower Limbs alone).
• OC/BC/BCM/MBC/DC should have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in each prescribed subject in the qualifying examination.
(vi)Sanctioned intake capacity for BAMS degree course – 60 Students